I have been a councillor in the Ratoath Municipal district since 1999 where I provide full time community support. I have an advice centre in my office in Ratoath and the door is always open.
I have been a founding member for some of the most successful initiatives in the Ratoath Municipal district including Men’s shed, Ratoath College, Ratoath Community Centre and Ratoath Independent Living.
I am also a great campaigner for funding for local initiatives. I have supported many clubs, resident groups, sports organisations and community groups with discretionary funding over the past years. My long-standing service speaks for itself.
My Priorities & Ideas
The following are some of the initiatives I will prioritise if re-elected:
● I will continue to provide full-time community support at my Advice Centre.
● Work with Gardaí to ensure a higher Garda visibility is maintained in Ratoath at all times to fight increasing crime and antisocial behaviour.
● Continue to lobby for affordable and social housing in Ratoath Municipal District and throughout the county.
● Continue to seek additional post primary education for our area.
● Provision of the following community facilities: ● Primary Care Centre ● Library ● Park/Playground refurbishment to include features for disabled children ● Traffic Calming and Parking in the village ● Provision of a Park and Ride to include a bus terminus ● Seeking the appointment of a Youth Community Officer.
● My ambition is to make Ratoath, Dunboyne and Dunshaughlin an ‘Age Friendly’ town
● I will endeavour to make Ratoath a ‘Disability Friendly and Accessible Town’
Why I am (or will be) a good politician
I have been involved in politics for over 20 years. My advice centre in Ratoath is open 5 days a week where I operate an open door policy. I am always willing to help or provide a listening ear in times of need. I am devoted to the improvement of community life and the provision of community facilities. I believe that I can make a difference in the community.
The many initiatives that I have been involved in are testament to that:
· The Construction of the Outer Ring Road now under way
· Speed Ramps on Inner Relief Road
· Pedestrian lights within the village
· Founding member of Ratoath Men’s Shed
· The development of “Ratoath Open Door”
· Board member of Ratoath College
· Constant liaison on social housing provision